This is a top tip for anyone who uses WhatsApp. It’s now possible to have a group video call with up to four participants. This is great for friends or family but you could also use it to quickly and easily collaborate with colleagues or research students via your mobile phone. It’s really simple. All you need to do is…
- Open a WhatsApp conversation
- Tap the video camera at the top right of the window to start a video call with that person
- Once you have connected with that person, tap the ‘add user icon’ at the top right corner of the screen
- Select a second contact to add them to the call
- Once they have joined you can add up to 2 other people
Here’s 2/3 of the #1minuteCPD crew on a group video call
It’s also possible to make a standard voice call rather than a video call through tapping the telephone icon instead of the video icon.