I’m sure that the majority of you working remotely will by now have been in at least one or two (!) Zoom meetings over the last few weeks. Unless you have been living in a cave, Zoom is an easy to use video conferencing tool. Here are 10 tips and tricks that I have amassed over the past few weeks to make the most of Zoom:
- Download the desktop version of Zoom and pin to your taskbar for easy access. Or you can ‘Start Zoom when I start Windows’ in the General settings.
- Regularly attend the same meetings? When you click Join on the app, click the drop-down menu and you will see a list of all your recent meetings.
- Got a busy background? Need to do some tidying? Why not upload a Virtual Background in Settings?
- Rough night? Enable ‘Touch up my appearance’ in Video settings
- If you are concerned about the security of your meeting, ‘Enable Waiting Room’ and once our meeting has started and everyone is in, ‘Lock Meeting’ so no one else can get in.
- You can also enable ‘Require meeting password’ for extra security
- You can customise your personal ID link in Profile settings
- In Profile, you can also add a picture of yourself so that you don’t always have to have your camera on (see point 3 and 4 and also good for low-bandwidth)
- Quickly schedule a meeting in Outlook using Schedule
- Avoid writing anything in the Group Chat that you wouldn’t want anyone else to see
There are loads of tips that I haven’t been able to include in this post. Why not comment below and maybe we could make a crowd-sourced version of this post? Happy zooming.